Welcome to Panachallenge!
If you are already a member, Click Here to Log In.

t t rss cal
    Home   ·   Rules   ·   Mugshots   ·   Challenges   ·   Stats   ·   Forums   ·   Help Register    

Panachallenge #236 Furniture (Opens 2020-09-17)
(You MUST log in to be able to make comments in the forum.)
      Panachallenge Forum -> PanaChallenge -> Challenge Talk
       Go to Page 
 Author        Message (23 posts) Next Page >>
mrsawyer

1633 posts

[1 of 23]  Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2020, 19:06 (47 days ago)
Modified: Fri Sep 18, 2020, 00:39 (40 days ago)

Panachallenge #236 Furniture is underway.
"Indoors or outdoors, we all have it. And with a little imagination we can elevate that table, chair, ottoman, etc to the subject of a photographic work of art. Use some of the techniques we've practiced here over the years and let your imagination roam freely (even if COVID has you homebound!) The furniture can be anyone's: yours, a neighbor's, or the public's. Please disclose use of multiple exposures in the Extra Info area."

Entry period: Thu 17 Sep through Thu 8 Oct 23:59:59 UTC
Voting: Fri 9 Oct through Mon 12 Oct 23:59:59 UTC

You may submit entries taken with a Panasonic Lumix (and their Leica cousins) digital camera to the main category, and/or you may submit entries taken with any digital camera to the open category. The theme applies to both categories.

Your photo for either category must be taken during the entry period, starting Thu 17 Sep.

For more info, go to http://www.panachallenge.com/challenge?challenge=283&f=f
Rules: http://www.panachallenge.com/challenge/rules.php?f=f

Good luck!

ysal

578 posts

[2 of 23]  Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2020, 17:04 (42 days ago)

This seems pretty straight forward and noncontroversial. I'm glad for the opportunity to be able to stay home rather than having to think of a non-crowded place and plan the details of an outing.

forkcandles

663 posts

[3 of 23]  Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2020, 09:51 (42 days ago)

ysal wrote:
This seems pretty straight forward and noncontroversial. I'm glad for the opportunity to be able to stay home rather than having to think of a non-crowded place and plan the details of an outing.

I agree and assume that it can anything you can sit on or eat off?

Jade O.

1105 posts

[4 of 23]  Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2020, 15:04 (41 days ago)

forkcandles wrote:

It can be anything that you want but if it is a live horse, I doubt you would get many votes.

mrsawyer

1633 posts

[5 of 23]  Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2020, 15:47 (41 days ago)

Please - I'd prefer no horses Dead or Alive. (Although, for the eccentric, I suppose a dead horse could be made into furniture of some sort.)

forkcandles

663 posts

[6 of 23]  Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2020, 21:04 (41 days ago)
Modified by Admin: Sun Sep 20, 2020, 10:44 (38 days ago)

Jade O. wrote:
 forkcandles wrote:

It can be anything that you want but if it is a live horse, I doubt you would get many votes.

as my sister can qualify, me and horses don't sit well with each other. I only rode once and had difficulty with both gears and brakes, as for steering lol

mrsawyer

1633 posts

[7 of 23]  Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2020, 11:30 (29 days ago)
Modified: Tue Sep 29, 2020, 11:46 (29 days ago)

Hi All,

Please take some time to review (or add to) our post on DPReview (where Panachallenge was conceived).
www.dpreview.com/forums/post/64410767

Lo

638 posts

[8 of 23]  Posted: Thu Oct 1, 2020, 12:55 (27 days ago)

I just want to clarify - Is this just furniture, or can someone be sitting on it?

Mepo

1786 posts

[9 of 23]  Posted: Thu Oct 1, 2020, 15:00 (26 days ago)

This challenge brings to mind the episode in Big Bang Theory where they find an armchair left at the curb and decide to take it home. Once the actors leave the scene the camera zooms in on the back of the chair and we can see a large lump moving around under the upholstery. Shiver me timbers!

forkcandles

663 posts

[10 of 23]  Posted: Thu Oct 1, 2020, 15:14 (26 days ago)

Lo wrote:
I just want to clarify - Is this just furniture, or can someone be sitting on it?

hope its both or a shoot is required.
I had comments when I showed an empty seat and table saying it screams for a person
although we have lots street furniture not many are used to sit on .

Next Page >>

Panachallenge Forum -> PanaChallenge -> Challenge Talk
       Go to Page 
    Comments? Suggestions? Problems? Click here!       Disclaimer